Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Prompt-random free word

Easy:
Start with the word 'tree.' Add ellipses until you think of another word, phrase, or picture. Do this as a freewrite for 5 minutes.

example: tree... lights...stop...moving...stand...up....air...balloon...red...lipstick...kisses...doggie...Remi...Big Ears...bunny...Easter...fake green grass.

Harder:
Start with the word 'tree.' Add ellipses until you think of another word. Do this as a freewrite for 5 minutes. Highlight your favorite words, and create a poem that includes those highlighted words.

2 comments:

  1. I like this. I think I might do this on my other blog. I might not put all the ellipses in there or I might put more... lol we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the end result of the exercise. The prior post is the free write part.

      http://skoorala.blogspot.com/2012/08/two-poems.html

      Delete