Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Weekly Vocabulary Word?

In my Fatty List of Goals, I mentioned that I wanted to improve my vocabulary. Well, how about-for those who are interested- we each put up a word that we've always wanted to know the meaning of and it's definition and them challenge ourselves to incorporate it in a story or some way within our writing?

Doesn't have to just be one word, everyone can contribute and we could make a weekly vocab list to pick and choose from.

My word for the week would have to be one I came across today: Definition taken from Dictionary.com.


lam·bent

  [lam-buhnt]  Show IPA
adjective
1.
running or moving lightly over a surface: lambent tongues offlame.
2.
dealing lightly and gracefully with a subject; brilliantlyplayful: lambent wit.
3.
softly bright or radiant: a lambent light.



Anyway, this was just an idea...

1 comment:

  1. Lambent is a great word and I like that you contribute the weekly word. I might pop out with a fun one every now and then but this is your baby. XD

    ReplyDelete