Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hello from your 2nd Administrator.

Hey guys, I was recently made an admin so I could move some things around as we post them. Dani has been caught up in life and, for the moment, is unable to tend to the blog as she would like. So with that said, I have a brief update and a few small requests to make.

1. I've put the weekly vocab words on the vocab page, formatted it as best as I am able, some things still look a little off, but I am working on it. Eventually I will have the page set in alphabetical order. 

2. If you've done a writing prompt, in the past would you be so kind as to make sure you've labeled the post. This makes it easier for me to make sure that I can get all of the prompts to the right page. 

3. I heard mention of a Grammar corner page. I'd like to go ahead and make a page for that and thus need the same labeling from everyone who had made such a post. 

4. For those of us still interested in a writing workshop via Google hangouts, I'd like to post pone that until summer so our student contributors can get through midterms, finals, and Camp Nanowrimo this month if they are participating.

5. I have a question for the Contributors Page, do we want to post our pictures beside our profile descriptions? 

6. Finally, I am going to speak to Dani about possibly changing the appearance of the blog. If any of you have any suggestions or ideas of that you'd like the blog to look like, please let me know. I general tend to use free blog formats I find on the internet since I'm not an HTML wiz (I remember some things from my HTML class but not enough). So if there is a particular color scheme or theme you think would work nicely, let me know. But remember, I still need to get the okay from Dani.

***

Edit: I've Cleaned up and put together the Grammar Corner Page. I have also spoke with Dani and she's given the okay to change up the appearance of the blog. So any suggestions are welcome. 

9 comments:

  1. I think you have a good eye when it comes to themes. Keep it simple is my only suggestion. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, but you didn't answer any of the other questions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the quick links to stuff and even though I'm not a member (yet?)I think profile pictures would be awesome, even if they aren't actually of the contributors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly you are going to need to apply. I will have to ask Dani about that process and get all the details to you.

      Delete
  4. I think everything looks pretty swanky. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimee. Is there anything you would like to see here?

      Delete
    2. I think everything looks good right now. If I think of something I will let you know.

      Delete
  5. I apologize, I haven't been commenting as much as I should, and I felt I should change that. I definitely am looking forward to summer so I can be more active and offer proper feedback. Um to answer some of the questions I like that you're separating some of our topics into easily accessible pages, such as Grammar Corner and Weekly Vocab, and I am looking forward to the workshopping. I'm on my own on this it seems, and it's not out of any dislike for the design, I love the colors and everything, but the orientation of where the title sits, and how the transparency of the header is very hard for me to see. Of course I do not see things like normal people so this is not any fault of yours. I do love the colors you chose, the contrast is nice and not painful to the eyes. ^-^ All in all, everything is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the title in the middle either - we will have to make a pic to the dimensions (pixels) of the title space and insert it so that we can have what we want centered. I wish it was centered on my blog as well but *sigh.* LOL, we'll figure it all out eventually.

      Delete