Sunday, January 6, 2013

Solstice Update for Skoora

"I napped in the student center today and woke up to a commercial for SNHU which boasts a Creative Writing program that takes place completely online.  I cannot fully describe just how utterly horrifying it would be to have followed through with my application to Southern New Hampshire University and to not be here right now, to be stuck in my room without any notion of who my classmates and professors really are.  Anyone considering distance learning should look into low-residency as it allows for a sense of home and family and invigorates rather than frustrates the learning process.  No matter how scared and nervous I was at the thought of undertaking my MFA at Pine Manor College, I honestly can't imagine being anywhere else right now.  Sappy, I know, but I think I've already fallen in love with the program and can't wait to see familiar faces again in June." - Amanda LaFantasie (Skoora) 
This is taken from my daily blog, Gurgle Burp.  Visit the site for more information, but as you can see, things are going really well.  This post is pretty much a shameless plug for this wonderful program and I hope that it is helpful to our readers as a way to look at just one of the many ways to further their education in writing.  Following is an interview with one of my classmates and new friends here at Pine Manor: Interview with Solstice Low-Res MFA.

In the end, it's never too late to expand one's own perceptions as to what makes good literature (fiction and genre) and what one can do to elevate their writing into the higher echelons of story-telling.  That is what this blog is all about.


Amanda LaFantasie (Skoora) © 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment